Optimization of a Mu2e production solenoid heat and radiation shield using MARS15 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2011.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A Monte-Carlo study of several Mu2e Production Solenoid (PS) absorber (heat shield) versions using the MARS15 code has been performed. Optimizations for material as well as cost (amount of tungsten) have been carried out. Studied are such quantities as the number of displacements per atom (DPA) in the helium-cooled solenoid superconducting coils, power density and dynamic heat load in various parts of the PS and its surrounding structures. Prompt dose, residual dose, secondary particle flux are also simulated in the PS structures and the experimental hall. A preliminary choice of the PS absorber design is made on the ground of these studies.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at 20th International Baldin Seminar on High Energy Physics Problems: Relativistic Nuclear Physics and Quantum Chromodynamics (ISHEPP 2010), Dubna, Russia, 4-9 Oct 2010.
Mokhov, N.V.; Pronskikh, V.S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14678290