Quench margin measurement in Nb3Sn quadrupole magnet [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- One of the possible practical applications of the Nb₃Sn accelerator magnets is the LHC luminosity upgrade that involves replacing the present NbTi focusing quadrupoles in two high-luminosity interaction regions (IR). The IR magnets are exposed to strong radiation from the interaction point that requires a detailed investigation of the magnet operating margins under the expected radiation-induced heat depositions. This paper presents the results of simulation and measurement of quench limits and temperature margins for a Nb₃Sn model magnet using a special midplane strip heater.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC 09), Vancouver, BC, Canada, 4-8 May 2008.
Zlobin, A.V.; Bossert, R.; Chlachidze, G.; Kashikhin, V.V.; Novitski, I.; Lamm, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14678639