Distortion of Crabbed Bunch Due to Electron Cloud and Global Crabbing [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Crab cavities may be used improve the luminosity in colliding beam colliders with crab crossing. In a global crab crossing correction, only one crab cavity is installed in each ring and the crab cavities generate a horizontally titled bunch oscillating around the ring. The electron cloud in positively charged rings may distort the crabbed bunch and cause the luminosity drop. This paper briefly estimates the distortion of positron bunch due to the electron cloud with global crab and estimates the effect in the KEKB and possible LHC upgrades.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
EPAC'08, 11th European Particle Accelerator Conference, 23-27 June 2008, Genoa, Italy.
Wang, L.; Raubenheimer, T.O.; Cai, Y.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14678645