AGS polarized proton operation in run 8 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Dual partial snake scheme has been used for the Brookhaven AGS (Alternating Gradient Synchrotron) polarized proton operation for several years. It has provided polarized proton beams with 1.5 x 10¹¹ intensity and 65% polarization for RHIC spin program. There is still residual polarization loss. Several schemes such as putting horizontal tune into the spin tune gap, and injection-on-the-fly were tested in the AGS to mitigate the loss. This paper presents the experiment results and analysis.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/23/2008., "bnl--79908-2008-cp", "KB0202011", EPAC 2008 - 11TH BIENNIAL EUROPEAN PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE; GENOA, ITALY; 20080623 through 20080627., and Gardner, C.; Glenn, J.W.; Brown, K.A.; Bai, M.; Huang,H.; Ahrens, L.; Luccio, A.U.; MacKay, W.W.; Roser, T.; Tepikian, S.; Tsoupas, N.; Zeno, K.; Lin, F.; Yip, K.
- Funding Information:
- DE-AC02-98CH10886 and 18031
View MARC record | catkey: 14678749