Dark current model for ILC main linac [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In the ILC Main Linac, the dark current electrons, generated in SRF cavity can be accelerated to hundreds of MeV before being kicked out by quadrupoles and thus will originate electromagnetic cascade showers in the surrounding materials. Some of the shower secondaries can return back into vacuum and be re-accelerated again. The preliminary results of simulation of the dark current generation in ILC cavity, its dynamics in linac are discussing in this paper.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/2008., "fermilab-conf-08-198-td fermilab-apc", Conf.Proc.C0806233:mopp036,2008, Presented at 11th European Particle Accelerator Conference (EPAC 08), Magazzini del Cotone, Genoa, Italy, 23-27 Jun 2008., and Mokhov, N.V.; Solyak, N.; Eidelman, Y.; Romanov, G.; Tam, Wai-Ming.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14678809