Progress in L-Band Power Distribution System R&D at SLAC [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We report on the L-band RF power distribution system (PDS) developed at SLAC for Fermilab's NML superconducting test accelerator facility. The makeup of the system, which allows tailoring of the power distribution to cavities by pairs, is briefly described. Cold test measurements of the system and the results of high power processing are presented. We also investigate the feasibility of eliminating the expensive, lossy circulators from the PDS by pair-feeding cavities through custom 3-dB hybrids. A computational model is used to simulate the impact on cavity field stability due to the reduced cavity-to-cavity isolation.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 10/20/2008., "slac-pub-13438", Presented at 24th International Linear Accelerator Conference (LINAC08), Victoria, British Columbia, Canada, 29 Sep - 3 Oct 2008., and Adolphsen, Chris; Nantista, Christopher; Wang, Faya.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14679550