EBIS preinjector construction status [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2008. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A new heavy ion preinjector is presently under construction at Brookhaven National Laboratory. This preinjector uses an Electron Beam Ion Source (EBIS), and an WQ and IH Linac, both operating at 100.625 MHz, to produce 2 MeV/u ions of any species for use, after further acceleration, at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider, and the NASA Space Radiation Laboratory. Among the increased capabilities provided by this preinjector are the ability to produce ions of any species, and the ability to switch between multiple species in 1 second, to simultaneously meet the needs of both physics programs. Fabrication of all major components for this preinjector is in process, with testing of the EBIS and WQ starting this year. The status of this construction is presented.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/29/2008., "bnl--81635-2008-cp", "KB0202011", XXIV Linear Accelerator Conference (LINAC08); Victoria, British Columbia, Canada; 20080929 through 20081003., and Phillips, D.; Lessard, E.; Barton, D.; Ritter, J.; Bellavia, S.; Alessi,J.; Raparia, D.; Beebe, E.; Kponou, A.; Okamura, M.; Pikin, A.; Snydstrup, L.; Gould, O.; Lockey, R.; Mapes, M.; Lambiase, R.; McCafferty, D.; Pendzick, A.; Zaltsman, A.; Scaduto, J.; Wilinski, M.; McNerney, A.; LoDestro, V.
- Funding Information:
- DE-AC02-98CH10886 and 18033
View MARC record | catkey: 14679625