Comparative Study of Various Algorithms for the Merging of Parton Showers and Matrix Elements in Hadronic Collisions [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 44 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We compare different procedures for combining fixed-order tree-level matrix-element generators with parton showers. We use the case of W-production at the Tevatron and the LHC to compare different implementations of the so-called CKKW and MLM schemes using different matrix-element generators and different parton cascades. We find that although similar results are obtained in all cases, there are important differences.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-12604
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Papadopoulos, C.G.; Schumann, S.; Piccinini, F.; Mangano, M.L.; Maltoni, F.; Moretti, M.; Krauss, F.; Lonnblad, L.; Alwall, J.; Lavesson, N.; Hoche, S.; Treccani, M.; Winter, J.; Worek, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14679709