Working group on a database for cold moderators [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- pages 317-319 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The working group meeting was chaired by Broome. The working group was charged with the task: Gather a table of neutronic performance known for specific designs; operational, test, theoretical/calculated. Set up generation of a (very briefly) annotated bibliography on this topic. A joint meeting with the Working Group on Moderator Performance Measurements was held to define the data on cold moderators which should be contained in the data base. It became clear that there exists only a small amount of data in very different forms much of it incomplete in its detail. So, rather than spending time collating existing data, it was considered to be more generally profitable to concentrate on the specification of the database and its implementation. The aim was to propose a system which could start quickly and simply yet be capable of extension and development in the future. The system was outlined in the summary session of the workshop and agreed by the participants.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1997., "iwcmpns--1997", " conf-9709132--", International Workshop on Cold Moderators for Pulsed Neutron Sources, Argonne, IL (United States), 29 Sep - 2 Oct 1997., and Broome, T. A.
View MARC record | catkey: 14679981