Report of the Working Group on applications [electronic resource].
- Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- pages 321-322 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The working group meeting was chaired by Lanza and Bauer. The science and research in which cold neutrons can be applied with great advantage has been broadly covered in many publications, the most recent ones being the proceedings of workshops held on behalf of AUSTRON in 1994, the Oak Ridge Spallation Neutron Source in 1997 and, in particular in the scientific case drawn for the European Spallation Source project (volume 2 of the feasibility study) and the Autrans study.The working group did not consider it beneficial to reiterate these previously well-treated subjects but tried to pay attention to applications a bit off the main stream and, in particular, pay attention to opportunities relatively small accelerator-based neutron sources might offer.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/01/1997., "iwcmpns--1997", " conf-9709132--", International Workshop on Cold Moderators for Pulsed Neutron Sources, Argonne, IL (United States), 29 Sep - 2 Oct 1997., and Lanza, R.; Bauer, G.
View MARC record | catkey: 14679987