Analytic studies of the long range beam-beam tune shifts and chromaticities [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2002. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 86 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- A formula is derived, which allows efficient analytical evaluation of the long range beam-beam tune shifts and chromaticities with amplitude. It assumes that the beams are infinitely short, oppositely charged, and with Gaussian transversal profile. The formula employs an infinite sum with favorable convergence rates, making it well suited especially for the long range case. Applications to the Tevatron are presented, including some proposed compensation schemes and their effect on the dynamic aperture.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 07/02/2002., "fermilab-conf-02/131-t", EPAC 2002, Paris (FR), 06/03/2002--06/07/2002., and Bela Erdelyi and Tanaji Sen.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14680001