CODE COMPARISON FOR SIMULATIONS OF PHOTO-INJECTORS [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- RF photo-cathode injectors constitute one of the key components of many future single pass FEL based synchrotron radiation sources. The possibility of reaching very high brightness beams had been anticipated by using various simulations tools. Several experiments have proven that the 1mm.mrad normalized projected emittance for 1 nC, 10 ps pulses is within reach. For optimizing these photo-injectors, a first search of parameters is efficiently performed with HOMDYN. Further refinement in the tuning is usually obtained using a multi-particle tracking code such as ASTRA, PARMELA or BEAMPATH. In this paper, we compare results from HOMDYN, ASTRA, PARMELA, and BEAMPATH for the cases of an S-Band photo-injector. Limitations in their accuracy and differences between the codes are discussed.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-10735
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14680191