Plasma Treatment of Bulk Niobium Surface for SRF Cavities [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Pulsed electric discharges were used to demonstrate the validity of plasma surface treatment of superconducting radio-frequency cavities. The experiments were performed on disc-shaped Nb samples and compared with identical samples treated with buffer chemical polishing techniques. The results of several standard surface analytical techniques indicate that plasma-treated samples have comparable or superior properties regarding the surface roughness and composition.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 08/16/2006., "jlab-acc-06-527", " doe/er/40150-4004", FT, and H. Phillips; Anne-Marie Valente; Marija Raskovic.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14680771