Performance of the Fermilab's 4.3 MeV electron cooler [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A 4.3 MeV DC electron beam is used to cool longitudinally an antiproton beam in the Fermilab's Recycler ring. Cooling capabilities of the electron beam are characterized by the drag rate that was measured at various conditions. Fitting the results with a formula for non-magnetized cooling gives electron parameters that agree within a factor of 2 with independently measured electron beam properties.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Presented at European Particle Accelerator Conference (EPAC 06), Edinburgh, Scotland, 26-30 Jun 2006.
Schmidt, C.W.; Warner, A.; Carlson, K.; Hu, M.; Nagaitsev, S.; Shemyakin, A.; Sutherland, M.; Kroc, T.; Pruss, S.; Burov, Alexey V.; Prost, L.R.; Leibfritz, J.; Saewert, G.; Tupikov, V.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14681009