In-medium properties of light vector mesons [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2007.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- S495-S501 : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The photoproduction of vector mesons on various nuclei has been studied using the CEBAF Large Acceptance Spectrometer (CLAS) at Jefferson Laboratory. All three vector mesons ρ, ω and phi are observed via their decay to e+e-. The possible in-medium effects on the properties of the ρ meson are of particular interest. The ρ spectral function is extracted from the data on carbon, iron and titanium, and compared to the spectrum from liquid deuterium, which is relatively free of nuclear effects. We observe no effects on the mass of the ρ meson, some widening in titanium and iron is observed consistent with the collisional broadening.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
J.Phys.G 34 ISSN 0954-3899; JPGPED FT
M. H. Wood; C. Djalali; D. P. Weygand; R. Nasseripour.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14681209