Tests of the FONT3 Linear Collider Intra-Train Beam Feedback System at the ATF [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We report preliminary results of beam tests of the FONT3 Linear Collider intra-train position feedback system prototype at the Accelerator Test Facility at KEK. The feedback system incorporates a novel beam position monitor (BPM) processor with a latency below 5 nanoseconds, and a kicker driver amplifier with similar low latency. The 56 nanosecond-long bunchtrain in the ATF extraction line was used to test the prototype BPM processor. The achieved latency will allow a demonstration of intra-train feedback on timescales relevant even for the CLIC Linear Collider design.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/14/2006., "slac-pub-11760", Prepared for Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC 05), Knoxville, Tennessee, 16-20 May 2005., and Smith, S.; White, G.R.; Smith, T.J.; Perry, C.; Clarke, C.; Kalinin, A.; Burrows, P.N.; Christian, G.; Dabiri Khah, H.; Molloy, S.; Hartin, A.; Frisch, J.C.; McCormick, D.J.; Markiewicz, T.W.; Ross, M.C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14681248