RF design and processing of a power coupler for third harmonic superconducting cavities [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2007. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The FLASH user facility providing free electron laser radiation is built based on the TTF project at DESY. Fermilab has the responsibility for the design and processing of a third harmonic, 3.9 GHz, superconducting cavity which is powered via a coaxial power coupler. Six power couplers have been manufactured at CPI after successful design of the power coupler including RF simulation, multipacting calculation, and thermal analysis. The power couplers are being tested and processed with high pulsed power in an elaborate test stand at Fermilab now. This paper presents the RF design and processing work of the power coupler.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/01/2007., "fermilab-conf-07-266-td", Presented at Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC 07), Albuquerque, New Mexico, 25-29 Jun 2007., and Solyak, Nikolay; Harms, Elvin; Olis, Daniel; Li, Jianjian; Wong, Thomas; Kubicki, Tom; Nicklaus, Dennis; Prieto, Peter; Reid, John.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14681483