RECENT TEST RESULTS OF THE FAST-PULSED 4 T COS DIPOLE GSI 001 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2005.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- For the FAIR-project at GSI a model dipole was built at BNL with the nominal field of 4 T and a nominal ramp rate of 1 T/S. The magnet design was similar to the RHIC dipole, with some changes for loss reduction and better cooling. The magnet was already successfully tested in a vertical cryostat, with good training behavior. Cryogenic losses were measured and first results of field harmonics were published. However, for a better understanding of the cooling process, quench currents at several ramp rates were investigated. Detailed measurements of the field harmonics at 2 T/S between 0 and 4 T were performed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
2005 PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE; KNOXVILLE, TENNESSEE; 20050515 through 20050520.
THOMAS, R.; ET AL.; JAIN, A.; GANETIS, G.; WANDERER, P.; MURATORE, J.; ESCALLIER, J.; MORITZ, G.; MARONE, A.; KAUGERTS, J.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14682128