Effects on flat-beam generation from space-charge force and beamline errors [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2005. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The transformation of a round, angular-momentum-dominated electron beam produced in a photoinjector into a flat beam using a transformer composed of three skew-quadrupoles  has been developed theoretically [2, 3] and experimentally . In this paper, we present numerical and analytical studies of space-charge forces, and evaluate the corresponding limits on the ratio of vertical-to-horizontal emittances. We also investigate the sensitivities of flat-beam emittances on the quadrupole misalignments in each of the six degrees of freedom.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/2005., "fermilab-conf-05-138-ad", To appear in the proceedings of Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC 05), Knoxville, Tennessee, 16-20 May 2005., and Sun, Y.-E.; Kim, K.-J.; Piot, P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14682347