Initial Commissioning Experience With the LCLS Injector [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2007. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The Linac Coherent Light Source (LCLS) is a SASE xray Free-Electron Laser (FEL) project presently under construction at SLAC . The injector section, from drive-laser and RF photocathode gun through first bunch compressor chicane, was installed in fall 2006. Initial system commissioning with an electron beam is taking place during the spring and summer of 2007. The second phase of construction, including second bunch compressor and full linac, will begin later, in the fall of 2007. We report here on experience gained during the first phase of machine commissioning, including RF photocathode gun, linac booster section, S-band and X-band RF systems, first bunch compressor, and the various beam diagnostics.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 11/02/2007., "slac-pub-12952", Prepared for Particle Accelerator Conference (PAC 07), Albuquerque, New Mexico, 25-29 Jun 2007., and Turner, J.; Welch, J.; Castro, J.; Iverson, R.; Hays, G.; Schultz, D.; Huang, Z.; Ding, Y.; Akre, R.; Emma, P.; Frisch, J.; Krejcik, P.; Dowell, D.H.; Schmerge, J.F.; Hering, P.; Loos, H.; Rivetta, C.; Limborg-Deprey, C.; Gilevich, A.; Miahnahri, A.; Saleski, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14682917