Studies of tau- to h- h- h+ nu and tau- to K- pi0 nu Decays at BaBar [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2007.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 7 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- We present preliminary inclusive branching fraction measurements of τ⁻ → h⁻h⁻h⁺ν (h = π or K) and τ⁻ K⁻π°ν decay modes using a sample of τ-pair events collected by the BABAR detector at the SLAC PEP-II asymmetric e⁺e⁻ storage ring. The branching fractions of τ⁻ → π⁻π⁻π⁺, τ⁻ → K⁻π⁻π⁺ν, and τ⁻ → K⁻π⁻K⁺ν are measured with higher precision than previously published results and the inclusive branching fraction τ⁻ → K⁻K⁻K⁺ν is measured for the first time. In addition, the first measurement of the branching fraction τ⁻ → π⁻φν and the measurement of the branching fraction τ⁻ → K⁻φν are determined by means of a binned maximum likelihood fit to the K⁺K⁻ invariant mass distribution. These branching fractions are extracted by means of a migration matrix that accounts for the cross contamination between the τ⁻ → h⁻h⁻h⁺ν modes. The preliminary τ⁻ → K⁻π°ν branching fraction and invariant mass distributions are also presented in this paper.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Prepared for 9th International Workshop on Tau Lepton Physics (Tau06), Pisa, Italy, 19-22 Sep 2006.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14682950