HARMONIC CONTENTS OF AND DETAILED STUDY ON A HIGH-GAIN HARMONIC GENERATION FREE ELECTRON LASER [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- In this paper, we calculate the third harmonic of a High Gain Harmonic Generation (HGHG) Free Electron Laser (FEL) at saturation. In the HGHG FEL scheme, there is an external dispersion section, which provides an efficient microbunching. Study on the emittance effect in such an external dispersion section suggests a new optimization for the HGHG FEL. We finally discuss how to reduce the incoherent undulator radiation which is a noise with respect to the seed laser.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 09/17/2004., "slac-pub-10744", and Wu, J.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14682985