PARTICLE TRACKING AND BUNCH POPULATION IN TRAFIC-4 2.0 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2004.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Coherent Synchrotron Radiation (CSR) plays an important role in the design of accelerator components with high peak currents and small bending radii, such as magnetic bunch compressors, wigglers, and compact storage rings. The code TraFiC4 has been developed to design such elements [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12] ; it simulates CSR effects from first principles. We present a re-write of the tracking and user interface components of TraFiC4 . Extensions and corrections include: expanded input language; generalized bunch populations (rectangular, Gaussian, user-specified function); new element types; truly three-dimensional dynamics (i. e., the restriction to a single plane of motion has been abandoned), vastly expanded documentation; documented C++ class interface; and improved dynamic load-balancing for parallel computers.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14683006