How to calibrate the jet energy scale? [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2006. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Top quarks dominantly decay into b-quark jets and W bosons, and the W bosons often decay into jets, thus the precise determination of the jet energy scale is crucial in measurements of many top quark properties. I present the strategies used by the CDF and D0 collaborations to determine the jet energy scale. The various cross checks performed to verify the determined jet energy scale and evaluate its systematic uncertainty are also discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/01/2006., "fermilab-conf-06-176-e", PoS TOP2006:014,2006, Prepared for TOP 2006: International Workshop on Top Quark Physics, Coimbra, Portugal, 12-15 Jan 2006., and Hatakeyama, K.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14683312