Lorentz Detuning of Superconducting Cavities with Unbalanced Field Profiles [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.), United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Tests on the prototype SNS medium beta cryomodule showed a strong correlation between the flatness of the field profile and the Lorentz detuning coefficient (both static and dynamic). We present an analytical model for the enhancement of the Lorentz detuning as a function of the flatness of the field profile resulting from a spread of the frequencies of the individual cells of the cavity.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:jlab-acp-03-80
E 1.99: doe/er/40150-2468
- Published through SciTech Connect.
PAC 2003, Seattle, WA (US), 05/12/2003--05/16/2003.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14684516