EMITTANCE MEASUREMENTS WITH A PULSED POWER PHOTO INJECTOR [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2003.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- This paper describes measurements of beam spot size and emittance of electron beams from a pulsed power photo-injector operating at 150keV output energy. In these measurements, electron bunches with charge up to 20 pC were created by a 300 fs pulse duration Ti: Sapphire laser system illuminating a polished copper cathode. Images of the electron beam were captured at two locations downstream from a solenoid focusing magnet. The focal spot size was studied as a function of bunch charge and accelerating gradient. Beam waists down to 85 microns were obtained. The focal spot size was found to be dominated by spherical aberration at low beam charges, however the beam trajectory is in good agreement with simulation.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--69542-cp
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE 2003, PORTLAND, OR (US), 05/12/2003--05/16/2003.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14684528