Measurement of the B0 Meson Lifetime with Partial Reconstruction of B0->D*-pi+ and B0->D*-rho+ Decays [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 8 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The neutral B meson lifetime is measured with the data collected by the BABAR detector at the PEP-II storage ring during the years 1999 and 2000, with a total integrated luminosity of 20.7 fb⁻¹. The decays B° → D*⁻ π⁺ and B° → D*⁻ ρ⁺ are selected with a partial-reconstruction technique, yielding samples of 6970 ± 240 and 5520 ± 250 signal events, respectively. With these events, the B° lifetime is measured to be 1.533 ± 0.034 (stat.) ± 0.038 (syst.) ps. This measurement serves as a test and validation of procedures required to measure the CP violation parameter sin (2β + γ) with partial reconstruction of these modes.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14684947