CDF - Secondary vertex trigger [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 224 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- At the beginning of 2002 a new data taking with an upgraded trigger system started for the CDF collaboration. One of the major improvements is the track trigger. A fast processor reconstructs tracks in the central drift chamber and the Silicon Vertex Tracker combines these tracks with the silicon vertex detector information to have track parameters with a precision as good as the offine reconstruction. This system allows CDF to trigger on tracks significantly displaced from the primary vertex with high efficiency for signal events like charm and beauty and to keep low background rates. The performances, in terms of resolution and efficiency, of both the processors are illustrated and the firsts physics results are discussed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
BEAUTY 2002: 8th International Conference on B Physics at Hadron Machines, Santiago de Compostela (ES), 06/17/2002--06/21/2002.
Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, Batavia, IL (US)
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14685055