Linear Optics Verification for PEP-II using Model-Independent Analysis [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- We verify all quadrupole strengths (both normal and skew) and determine sextupole feed-downs as well as all BPM gains and BPM cross-plane couplings by an SVD-enhanced least-squares fitting of the phase advances (only those which are accurately determined) and the Green's functions (specified by the local transfer matrix components R12, R34, R32, and R14). The phase advances and the Green's functions are obtained by analyzing turn-by-turn Beam Position Monitor (BPM) data from high-resolution model-independent analysis (MIA). Once the magnet strengths are verified, a magnet correction priority sequence can be exercised in the computer before one tries to correct the real accelerator. Results from PEP-II LER measurement are presented.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub-9368
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Yan, Yiton T.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14685329