Accelerator optimization using a network control and acquisition system [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. High Energy Physics Division, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Accelerator optimization requires detailed study of many parameters, indicating the need for remote control and automated data acquisition systems. A control and data acquisition system based on a network of commodity PCs and applications with standards based inter-application communication is being built for the l'OASIS accelerator facility. This system allows synchronous acquisition of data at high (> 1 Hz) rates and remote control of the accelerator at low cost, allowing detailed study of the acceleration process.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbnl--51577
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Advanced Accelerator Concepts Workshop, Mandalay Beach, CA (US), 06/23/2002--06/28/2002.
Leemans, Wim P.; Catravas, P.E.; Geddes, Cameron, G.R.; van Tilborg, J.; Faure, Jerome; Toth, Csaba.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14685464