Simulations of electron cloud build-up and saturation in the APS [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 2002.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In studies with positron beams in the Advanced Photon Source, a dramatic amplification was observed in the electron cloud for certain bunch current and bunch spacings. In modeling presented previously, we found qualitative agreement with the observed beam-induced multipacting condition, provided reasonable values were chosen for the secondary electron yield parameters, including the energy distribution. In this paper, we model and discuss the build-up and saturation process observed over long bunch trains at the resonance condition. Understanding this saturation mechanism in more detail may have implications for predicting electron cloud amplification, multipacting, and instabilities in future rings.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:anl/asd/cp-107954
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Mini-Workshop on Electron-Cloud Simulations for Proton and Positron Beams (ECLOUD 02), Geneva (CH), 04/15/2002--04/18/2002.
Rosenberg, R.; Furman, M.; Harkay, K.; Pivi, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14685499