THE SNS RING DIPOLE MAGNETIC FIELD QUALITY [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Science, 2002. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Science, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The large acceptance and compact size of the Spallation Neutron Source (SNS) ring implies the use of short, large aperture dipole magnets, with significant end field errors. The SNS will contain 32 such dipoles. We report magnetic field measurements of the first 16 magnets. The end field errors have been successfully compensated by the use of iron bumps. For 1.0 GeV protons, the magnets have been shimmed to meet the 0.01% specification for rms variation of the integral field. At 1.3 GeV, the rms variation is 0.036%. The load on the corrector system at 1.3 GeV will be reduced by the use of sorting.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/03/2002., "bnl--69263", "39KC0200", 8TH EUROPEAN PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE, PARIS (FR), 06/03/2002--06/07/2002., and JACKSON,J.; LEE,Y.Y.; WEI,J.; MENG,W.; JAIN,A.; TEPIKIAN,S.; TSOUPAS,N.; WANDERER,P.; SPATARO,C.; PAPAPHILIPPOU,I.
- Funding Information:
- AC02-98CH10886 and 86401
View MARC record | catkey: 14685536