Polarized electrons from high-gradient guns [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- To take advantage of the lower emittance associated with extraction fields >> 10 MV/m, a number of technological hurdles must be overcome before photocathodes appropriate for generating polarized electrons can be utilized in high-gradient guns. Both rf guns and very fast ultra-high gradient (≥ 1 GV/m) diode guns are anticipated. The known problems--some of which may be more than just technical--are delineated, and the present status of relevant research is reviewed.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Low energy polarized electron workshop, St. Petersburg (RU), 09/02/1998--09/05/1998.
Clendenin, J.E.; Mulhollan, G.A.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14685612