CSR instability in a Bunch Compressor [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2002. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- vp : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The coherent synchrotron radiation of a bunch in a bunch compressor may lead to the microwave instability producing longitudinal modulation of the bunch with wavelengths small compared to the bunch length. It can also be a source of an undesirable emittance growth in the compressor. We derive and analyze the equation that describes linear evolution of the microwave modulation taking into account incoherent energy spread and finite emittance of the beam. Numerical solution of this equation for the LCLS bunch compressor gives the amplification factor for different wavelengths of the beam microbunching.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 03/19/2002., "slac-pub-9165", and Stupakov, Gennady V.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14685724