SKEW QUADRUPOLE FOCUSING LATTICES AND APPLICATIONS [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2001. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- In this paper we revisit using skew quadrupole fields in place of traditional normal upright quadrupole fields to make beam focusing structures. We illustrate by example skew lattice decoupling, dispersion suppression and chromatic correction using the neutrino factory Study-II muon storage ring design. Ongoing BNL investigation of flat coil magnet structures that allow building a very compact muon storage ring arc and other flat coil configurations that might bring significant magnet cost reduction to a VLHC motivate our study of skew focusing.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/18/2001., "bnl--68685", " kb02020101", "KB02020101", PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE 2001, CHICAGO, IL (US), 06/18/2001--06/22/2001., and PARKER,B.
- Funding Information:
- AC02-98CH10886 and 18050
View MARC record | catkey: 14686459