Time evolution of fields in strontium ferrite permanent magnets [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2001. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 130 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Field strengths for strontium ferrite permanent magnets built for the Fermilab Recycler and 8 GeV transfer line have been measured for the past 4 years. The ferrite magnetization exhibits a time dependence parameterized by M1/M₂ = -9 x 10⁻⁴ x log (t₁/t₂) as determined from measurements of a gradient magnet. This parameterization has been checked against several other styles of permanent dipoles, and quadrupole magnets with good agreement.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/11/2001., "fermilab-conf-01/094-e", Particle Accelerator Conference 2001, Chicago, IL (US), 06/18/2001--06/22/2001., and James T. Volk.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14686532