Electron-proton instability in the IPNS-Upgrade RCS [electronic resource] : Part I.
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 10 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The electron-proton instability in the IPNS-Upgrade RCS is investigated in this report. A dispersion relation applicable to the coasting beam is derived, and the approximations used are stated in order to facilitate the understanding of the underlying mechanism of the instability. The threshold of instability in terms of neutralization of the circulating beam is found for the IPNS-Upgrade RCS. The dependence of threshold on the beam size and the lattice tune is also studied and its numerical results are presented.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:nsa--95-2
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14687960