INTERACTION REGION LOCAL CORRECTION FOR THE LARGE HADRON COLLIDER [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- The performance of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) at collision energy is limited by the field quality of the interaction region (IB) quadrupoles and dipoles. In this paper we study the impact of the expected field errors of these magnets on the dynamic aperture (DA). Since the betatron phase advance is well defined for magnets that are located in regions of large beta functions, local corrections can be very effective and robust. We compare possible compensation schemes and propose a corrector layout to meet the required DA performance.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1999 PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE, NEW YORK, NY (US), 03/29/1999--04/02/1999.
FISCHER,W.; WEI,J.; STRAIT,J.; OSTOJIC,R.; PTITSIN,V.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14688190