EXPERIMENTAL RESULTS FROM A MICROWAVE CAVITY BEAM POSITION MONITOR [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Future Linear Colliders have hard requirements for the beam transverse position stability in the accelerator. A beam Position Monitor (BPM) with the resolution better than 0.1 micron in the single bunch regime is needed to control the stability of the beam position along the linac. Proposed BPM is based on the measurement of the asymmetrical mode excited by single bunch in the cavity. Four stages of signal processing (space-, time-, frequency- and phase-filtering providing the required signal-to-noise ratio) are used to obtain extremely high resolution. The measurement set-up was designed by BINP and installed at ATF/BNL to test experimentally this concept. The set-up includes three two-coordinates BPM's at the frequency of 13.566 GHz, and reference intensity/phase cavity. BPM's were mounted on support table. The two-coordinates movers allow to move and align BPM's along the straight line, using the signals from the beam. The position of each monitor is controlled by the sensors with the accuracy 0.03 micron. The information from three monitors allows to exclude angle and position jitter of the beam and measure BPM resolution. In the experiments the resolution of about 0.15 micron for 0.25 nC beam intensity was obtained, that is close to the value required.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--67019
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1999 PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE, NEW YORK, NY (US), 03/29/1999--04/02/1999.
LISITSYN,A.; YAKIMENKO,V.; BALAKIN,V.; SOLYAK,N.; VOGEL,V.; ZHOGOLEV,P.; BAZHAN,A.; LUNEV,P.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14688221