RHIC INSERTION REGION, SHUNT POWER SUPPLY CURRENT ERRORS [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2001. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) was commissioned in 1999 and 2000. RHIC requires power supplies to supply currents to highly inductive superconducting magnets. The RHIC Insertion Region contain's many shunt power supplies to trim the current of different magnet elements in a large superconducting magnet circuit. Power Supply current error measurements were performed during the commissioning of RHIC. Models of these power supply systems were produced to predict and improve these power supply current errors using the circuit analysis program MicroCap V by Spectrum Software (TM). Results of the power supply current errors are presented from the models and from the measurements performed during the commissioning of RHIC.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 06/18/2001., "bnl--68076", " ka0201", "KA0201", PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE 2001, CHICAGO, IL (US), 06/18/2001--06/22/2001., and BRUNO,D.; GANETIS,G.; SANDBERG,J.; LAMBIASE,R.F.
- Funding Information:
- AC02-98CH10886 and AD002ADOP
View MARC record | catkey: 14688243