Transverse beam dynamics in plasma-based linacs [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1998.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 5 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Stanford Linear Accelerator Center, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The transverse beam dynamics in plasma channels of possible future plasma-based linacs is discussed. The authors represent the transverse focusing of both a beam-driven and a laser-driven plasma wakefield accelerator by a uniform focusing channel. The transverse beam sizes and a basic offset tolerance are calculated, finding that sub-micron beams must be transported with even smaller offset tolerances. The results emphasize the need to pursue further ideas for plasma structures with high acceleration gradients but reduced transverse wakefields.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:slac-pub--7795
E 1.99: conf-9707175--
E 1.99: conf-9707120--
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
Joint ICFA/JAERI-Kansai intern. workshop, Kyoto (JP), 07/14/1997--07/18/1997.
Assmann, R.; Yokoya, Kaoru.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14688876