Ancient Mesoamerica [map] / produced by National Geographic Maps for the National Geographic Magazine ; Allen Carroll, Director of Cartography ; John F. Shupe, chief cartographer ; design, Charles W. Berry, Robert E. Pratt
- Corporate Author:
- National Geographic Maps (Firm)
- Additional Titles:
- Panel title, Mesoamericans, Great peoples of the past, Ancient Mesoamerica, Great peoples of the past, the Mesoamericans, and At head of titles, Great peoples of the past
- Washington, D.C. : National Geographic Society, 1997.
- Physical Description:
- 1 map : color ; 50 x 87 cm, on sheet 57 x 89 cm, folded to 14 x 23 cm
- Additional Creators:
- Shupe, John F., Pratt, Robert E., and Carroll, Allen
- Related Titles:
- Palenque, Maya masterwork
- Cartographic Mathematical Data:
- Scale 1:2,400,000. 1 in. = 38 miles ; Albers Conic equal-area projection, standard parallels 11 020ʹ and 28 040ʹ. (W 104 0--W 86 0/N 22 0--N 12 0).
- Ancillary maps: The setting. Land of highs and lows, A natural abundance -- 2000 B.C.-A.D. 250. Preclassic, setting the stage for civilization -- 250-900. Classic, Rise and fall of cities and states -- 900-1521. Postclasic, World of trade and tribute -- 1521 to present. Colonial and modern, conquest to independence.
"Supplement to National Geographic, December 1997".
Issued "Washington, D.C., December 1997".
"Printed October 1997".
Includes text, historical notes, chronology, and col. ill.
Drawing of Palenque, text, graphic time-line, and col. ill. on verso.
Relief shown by shading and spot heights.
View MARC record | catkey: 1468915