Correction of high gradient quadrupole harmonics with magnetic shims [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2000. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 252 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Fermi National Accelerator Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- Superconducting quadrupole magnets with 70 mm aperture and nominal field gradient of 215 T/m are being developed by the US-LHC Accelerator Project for the Interaction Regions of the Large Hadron Collider. Due to large beam size and orbit displacement in the final focusing triplet, these magnets are subject to stringent field quality requirements. For this reason, a correction scheme based on magnetic shims was investigated. This paper reports design calculations, fabrication issues and tests results involving magnetic shims.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 01/26/2000., "fermilab-conf--99/362", 16th International Conference on Magnet Technology, Ponte Vedra, FL (US), 09/26/1999--10/02/1999., and Sabbi, G.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14689190