Orbit dynamics for unstable linear motion [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1997.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 4 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- A treatment is given of the orbit dynamics for linear unstable motion that allows for the zeros in the beta function and makes no assumptions about the realness of the betatron and phase functions. The phase shift per turn is shown to be related to the beta function and the number of zeros the beta function goes through per turn. The solutions of the equations of motion are found in terms of the beta function.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
17. IEEE particle accelerator conference, Vancouver (Canada), 12-16 May 1997.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14689315