Wavelet approach to accelerator problems. 2 [electronic resource] : Metaplectic wavelets
- Arlington, Va. : National Science Foundation (U.S.), 1997. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 6 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, National Science Foundation (U.S.), and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This is the second part of a series of talks in which the authors present applications of wavelet analysis to polynomial approximations for a number of accelerator physics problems. According to the orbit method and by using construction from the geometric quantization theory they construct the symplectic and Poisson structures associated with generalized wavelets by using metaplectic structure and corresponding polarization. The key point is a consideration of semidirect product of Heisenberg group and metaplectic group as subgroup of automorphisms group of dual to symplectic space, which consists of elements acting by affine transformations.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1997., "bnl--64502", " cap--171-misc-97c", "conf-970503--", "DE97007727", "KA0403", ": Grant NSF PHY94-07194", 17. IEEE particle accelerator conference, Vancouver (Canada), 12-16 May 1997., and Parsa, Z.; Fedorova, A.; Zeitlin, M.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14689441