Cryomodule development for the CEBAF upgrade [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 1999.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 443 Kilobytes pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Thomas Jefferson National Accelerator Facility (U.S.)
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Long term plans for CEBAF at Jefferson Lab call for achieving 12 GeV in the middle of the next decade and 24 GeV after 2010. In support of these plans, an Upgrade Cryomodule capable of providing more than three times the voltage of the original CEBAF cryomodule specification within the same length is under development. Development activities have been focused on critical areas thought to have maximum impact on the overall design. These have included the cavity structure, rf power coupling, cavity suspension, alignment, cavity tuning, and beamline interface. It has been found that all design and development areas are tightly coupled and can not be developed independently. Substantial progress has been made toward an integrated design for the Jefferson Lab Upgraded Cryomodule.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
1999 Particle Accelerator Conference, New York, NY (US), 03/29/1999--04/02/1999.
H. L. Phillips; J. Hogan; V. Nguyen; D. X. Wang; J. R. Delayen; J. Mammosser; J. Preble; M. Wiseman; E. Feldl; L. R. Doolittle; W. J. Scheider.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14689860