BEAM LIFETIME AND EMITTANCE GROWTH MEASUREMENTS OF GOLD BEAMS IN RHIC AT STORAGE [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy. Office of Energy Research, 2001.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy. Office of Energy Research, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- During stores of gold beams, longitudinal and transverse beam sizes were recorded. Longitudinal profiles were obtained with a wall current monitor. Transverse profiles were reconstructed from gold-gold collision rates at various relative transverse beam positions. The total beam lifetime was measured with a beam current transformer, the bunched beam lifetime with the wall current monitor. Diffusion rates in the beam halo were determined from the change in the loss rate when a scraper is retracted. The measurements are used to determine the lifetime limiting effects. Beam growth measurements are compared with computations of beam-growth times from intra-beam scattering.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:bnl--67975
E 1.99: ka0201
- Published through SciTech Connect.
PARTICLE ACCELERATOR CONFERENCE 2001, CHICAGO, IL (US), 06/18/2001--06/22/2001.
BRENN,J.M.; FISCHER,W.; DREES,A.; TEPIKIAN,S.; CONNOLLY,R.; VAN ZEIJTS,J.; FLILLER,R.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14690058