Combined element magnet production for the relativistic heavy ion collider (RHIC) at BNL [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1995. and Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 3 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Brookhaven National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The production of 432 combined element magnets for RHIC is well underway. These magnets consist of a superconducting corrector, a quadrupole, and a sextupole combined into an integrated cold mass which is inserted into a cryostat. Production experiences as well as test results are reported.
- Published through SciTech Connect., 05/01/1995., "bnl--61234", " conf-950512--155", "DE95011811", 16. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) particle accelerator conference, Dallas, TX (United States), 1-5 May 1995., and Ganetis, G.; Foelsche, H.; Mulhall, S.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14690720