Status report on the Advanced Light Source control system, 1993 [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1993.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 2 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, United States. Department of Energy, and United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- Restrictions on Access:
- Free-to-read Unrestricted online access
- The Advanced Light Source (ALS), under construction for the past seven years, has become operational. The accelerator has been successfully commissioned using a control system based on hundreds of controllers of our own design and high performance personal computers which are the operator interface. The first beamlines are being commissioned using a control system based on VME hardware and the Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System (EPICS) software. The two systems are being integrated, and this paper reports on the current work being done.
- Report Numbers:
- E 1.99:lbl--34776
E 1.99: conf-931023--10
- Other Subject(s):
- Published through SciTech Connect.
ICALEPCS`93: International conference on accelerators and large experimental physics control systems,Berlin (Germany),18-22 Oct 1993.
Brown, W. Jr.; Young, J.; Cork, C.
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14691462