Calibration of the LAMPF E-960 polarized target [electronic resource].
- Washington, D.C. : United States. Dept. of Energy, 1992.
Oak Ridge, Tenn. : Distributed by the Office of Scientific and Technical Information, U.S. Dept. of Energy.
- Physical Description:
- 13 pages : digital, PDF file
- Additional Creators:
- Argonne National Laboratory
United States. Department of Energy
United States. Department of Energy. Office of Scientific and Technical Information
- This note is mainly about the offline corrections for the target polarization measurements of E-960. For the sake of minimizing the number of separate documents, I have also included my recent thoughts about the target constant, in Sec. 6. The E-960 data-taking was done in two separate runs. With respect to having an operative NMR system, the runs dated from 27-AUG-87 to 10-DEC-87 and from 14-AUG-88 to 6-OCT-88.These runs will be referred to as the ``1987`` and ``1988`` runs, respectively. Because of the press of intervening projects, I have been unable until now to give my attention to the 1988 run of E-960. The information developed below in Secs. 3--5 is the result of my (belated) attempt to do so. A draft memo dated January 4, 1988 was previously distributed, which concerned the polarization correction factors for the 1987 run. I have reproduced the material from that memo in Sec. 2, for the sake of completeness. Also, since the analysis of the 1988 run has raised some questions about the appropriateness of the older analysis, I have augmented the material from that memo with some of the background observations and calculations that underlay its conclusions, to facilitate a comparison of the two runs. In Sec. 4 I have made a final synthesis of the observations made during the two runs, and it is there that one wig find my best estimate of the offline polarization corrections for both runs.
- Published through SciTech Connect.
- Type of Report and Period Covered Note:
- Topical; 12/31/1992 - 12/31/1992
- Funding Information:
View MARC record | catkey: 14691839